The Service Supply Company was founded in Indianapolis, Ind. by E.C. Seitz, Sr. in October 1948. After seeing exceptional growth, the company moved from its original 1,000 square foot building into a four-story building with 62,000 square feet in 1956, giving the company much more room to grow and accommodate additional customers in the Indianapolis area.
By 1960, Service Supply opened its first branch location in Fort Wayne, Ind. Over the years, the company opened more than 50 branch locations across the United States. After much growth and success, Service Supply was awarded “Distributor of the Century” by Industrial Distribution Magazine in 1986, and was named one of the 15 companies “who services customers best, industry by industry,” by Fortune Magazine.
In 1998, the company was acquired by the Würth Group, adopting Wurth name and reestablishing corporate headquarters on the north side of Indianapolis. Still headquartered in Indianapolis, Würth Service Supply currently maintains 18 stocking facilities in North America, located in: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, and South Carolina.
Würth Service Supply provides Inventory Management Services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in a variety of industries, specializing in: agriculture and construction machinery, lawn and garden equipment, commercial cargo (truck/bus bodies, recreational vehicles, trailers, emergency vehicles, etc.), tier 1 & 2 automotive suppliers, and more. With over 65 consecutive years of experience supplying fasteners to the manufacturing industry, Würth Service Supply is the expert in our field.
Our Quality Policy
Würth employees are empowered to participate and are responsible for providing Service to the customer beyond their expectations, and to Supply products that meet or exceed customer requirements while improving continuously by utilizing our Quality Management System.
Our Environmental Policy
Würth Service Supply, Inc. (WSSI) is concerned about the lasting protection and preservation of our environment. We are committed to the responsible management of our assets in a way that minimizes environmental impact.
The guiding principles of WSSI’s Environmental Policy are:
- Implementing and maintaining an environmental management system that supports the achievement of this policy and complies with ISO 14001;
- Adherence to all relevant environmental laws, regulations and standards, as well as all related customer requirements;
- Employee awareness of their individual roles and responsibilities with respect to achieving our environmental goals;
- Supplier and contractor awareness of and adherence to WSSI’s environmental policy;
- Communicating with stakeholders, whether they are employees, suppliers, customers or the general public;
- Establishing and maintaining practices, including audits and the setting of environmental objectives, to ensure adherence to this policy;
- Achieving continuous improvement by setting and revieiwing environmental objectives and targets; and
- Taking necessary measures to prevent pollution and recycle waste.